Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Why I Dumped My Android Phone

After four years with an Android phone, I switched back to iPhone this month. I liked my Android phone, but the smartphone experience is very much a matter of details, and diving into today’s iPhone makes me realize how great a job Apple AAPL -0.98% has done, and how strong its franchise truly is.
Details: I had three Android phones from January 2010 to March 2014, a NexusOne, a Galaxy Nexus, and a Galaxy S4, running Android 2.3 (Froyo) at first and 4.3 (Jelly Bean) at the end. The first two phones ran GoogleGOOG -2.31%-experience Android, and the S4 had Samsung’s user interface overlay. My new iPhone is a 5c running iOS 7.1. I originally moved to Android because I was professionally curious about it, and I decided to switch back when I bought a new car and discovered that the interoperability of my near-new Galaxy S4 with the car was miserable (more). Research indicated an iPhone would be much better, and in fact it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment