Friday, April 29, 2011

Agony and ecstasy of going Android from iPhone

An iPhone owner since the day it released in 2007, I'm now an Android owner.

Last week, I bought a T-Mobile Android G2 as part of a new Orange County Register initiative putting smartphones in the hands of most of the newsroom staff. For $50, I own the phone but the company pays the service.

Now I lug around both my iPhone 4 and my G2, which is a painful experience if only for the difficulty of keeping both devices charged up all the time.

So what's it like being a hardcore iPhone owner suddenly owning an Android phone?

A couple observations:

Agony: I like my apps better on iPhone

I have hundreds of dollars invested (yes, really) in iPhone apps that must all be repurchased on Android to make my G2 as capable and fun as my iPhone.But I'm unwilling to replace virtually all of them.

Read more: http://www.ocregister.com/news/iphone-298487-android-owner.html

No comments:

Post a Comment