Sunday, November 14, 2010

Samsung Galaxy Tab - getting to know you

It’s not the dream Android tablet, but Samsung’s Galaxy Tab shows a lot of promise.

As I said last week, I wouldn’t rush out to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab. I think it’s too expensive and a little sluggish. It’s certainly worth waiting to evaluate the upcoming Android tablet competition. This doesn’t mean the Galaxy Tab doesn’t have a lot to offer, so I thought I’d get to know it a little better.

At first the Galaxy Tab's user experience falls short, but that’s because you need to take the time to customise Android. Unfortunately for Samsung, I prefer HTC’s Sense UI Android devices such as the HTC Desire over Samsung’s offerings such as the Galaxy S. To be honest I think I was hoping for a 7-inch HTC Desire rather than a 7-inch Galaxy S. The great thing about Android compared to Apple’s iOS is that you can tinker under the bonnet, so you can tweak the Galaxy Tab to suit your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment